Monday, 25 September 2017

How I Keep Sane Throughout My Gap Year

When you are embarking on an adventure like this it is honestly a true test emotionally, physically, and mentally. There are moments during this trip when I do feel down and I don't want people to be fooled by my social media to think that it is going to happy the whole entire time. I am so blessed for the experience because I feel I have matured so much over the past month. 

The ways I keep myself "mindful" and calm are through a few things. 

Walks
Honestly going for walks are amazing. I am surrounded by so much nature it is a really good way to ensure that I keep my sanity. 
Friends and Family
Rosé all day chicas. Honestly having a good support network in country and at home is amazing. So lucky to have the coolest girls in my hub.
YOGA!!
YOGA. My sister and I do yoga every Saturday to get ourselves ready for the upcoming week. It is good to be able to only focus on your breathing rather than everything else around you. 


Board Games
Games. Honestly playing my families favourite board games allows me to control the homesickness rather than the homesickness control me. 
Another thing that helps me is just listening to some soothing music. I usually listen to my slow playlist to allow me to self reflect and recharge myself if I am feeling low. Click To Listen
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig